新春晚會入場券包括晚宴餐點，$85 大人票是中國式宴席十道菜，採傳統高級宴席菜色。$35 兒童票採自助餐形式，菜式非常豐富，大部分都是孩子們愛吃的西式餐點。今年兒童票上限由13歲提高到15歲，鼓勵所有學生都可以購買兒童票入場。四歲以下不佔席位的兒童免費入場，可跟大人入席，如果需要兒童高腳椅的幼童，請在購票時提及，每桌安排不超過兩張兒童高腳椅，以免座位過為擁擠。大人席與兒童自助餐席會分成兩邊，如有需要，早點買票可以選跟兒童自助餐席靠近的地方。如果想讓您的孩子也享用大人宴席，請幫您的孩子購買大人票。
晚會中由熱鬧萬分的舞龍舞獅打鼓為開場， 財神爺報到發紅包給小孩子們。也有小朋友們看得如癡如醉的扯鈴，中國功夫，還有布袋戲，當然少不了各年級學生們熱情準備的精彩表演，現場也有摸彩抽多樣精美的大奬。希望家長們帶著您的小孩子 一起來共襄盛舉。 這即將會是小孩子參加過最熱鬧最愉快的中國新年晚會。
- 十一月二十四日，理事會義工家長們將籌辦“感恩節美食大賽”。此為義賣籌款活動，鼓勵家長學生們貢獻您的拿手菜，菜式可以來自世界各地，也希望大家幫忙購買餐票，每張票$1.00！最終得到最多餐票的菜餚為第一屆長島文協美食大賽冠軍，屆時會有驚喜獎品，等著各位廚藝高手來挑戰！歡迎家長們洽詢：firstname.lastname@example.org – 活動傳單。
由Americana Manhasset購物中心還有Wheatley Plaza店家主辦的“慈善支援”活動 (Champions for Charity) ，今年將在十二月五日（週四）至十二月七日（週六）期間舉行（活動傳單）。請注意，今年活動只有三天！購物者須在活動前先註冊，拿到支援編號以後在每次購物時出示店家，購物金額的一部分將會回饋給文協，募款全數所得將作為文協於社區發展及中文學校活動之用。註冊請至：championsforcharity.org 選擇”CCALI”為您將支援的慈善機構即可。如有任何問題請與我們聯繫：email@example.com
Annual Chinese New Year Celebration Fundraiser
Please note that all students should have received a package in their folders in regards to our annual Chinese New Year Celebration Fundraiser this weekend. The additional details are as follows:
The admission includes the dinner at the event. The $85 Adult tickets are for traditional 10-course Chinese banquet style, with high-standard selection of formal dinner course selections. The $35 children tickets are for buffet style, with a large varieties that are in their favor, we have raised the age limit from 13 to 15 so all our students can attend by buying $35 tickets. Children under 4 that are not occupying seats are free, for infants and toddlers that would like a highchair, please let us know when you purchase the tickets, we would like to keep a maximum number of 2 highchairs per table to avoid congested seating. The banquet and buffet will be set up in the same ballroom, if you wish to be closer to your children at the buffet side, we suggest you to purchase your tickets early!
CCALI is a non-profit organization, we rely on fundraisers to help our organization to run and grow. The Annual Chinese New Year Celebration Fundraiser is our biggest fundraiser event for the entire school year. There are few ways you and all business/communities can contribute:
- Purchase tickets to the Chinese New Year Celebration Dinner
- Purchase an ad to be placed on our yearbook
- Direct contribution in monetary form or raffle baskets
The celebration leads off by a Lion Troupe with a Dragon, a Lion, tom drums, cymbals, and gong, you will feel like you are in a parade in Chinatown! God of Wealth will also be there to give out red bags to children and to wish everyone a prosperous year of Pig. The programs include performances from our famous Chinese yo-yo (Diabolos) teams, our martial arts class, our Taiwanese puppet show team, along with all the performances prepared by our teachers and students from all grades. There will also be a raffle drawing with attractive prizes for everyone! This will be an exceptional experience for your children’s Chinese New Year.
Please help to spread the news and pass on our sponsorship package (digital copy) to your family, friends, and businesses that you can think of to help with fundraising. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Since NYIT is hosting an event on 11/10/19, there will be no school on that day.
- The association Board committee will be hosting a Thanksgiving event on 11/24/19, “Taste of Thanksgiving” food tasting fundraiser. We are asking parents and students to bring your favorite dish from your family to share and discover other food from around the world. You can sample the various dishes by purchasing tickets ($1/each). The dish that has the most tickets will receive a prize. All proceeds will go towards future school events. For details, please contact email@example.com – Event Flyer
- To celebrate CCALI 40th anniversary this year, the Board of Directors have prepared some limited edition mugs for sale, there will also be t-shirts with similar designs with adult and youth sizes coming in later. Please support CCALI by making a purchase! The t-shirts will be useful when students attend school and community activities, or they like it so much they will wear it to school every week! Huge thanks to our professional parent volunteer Garda for helping on the designs!
- How time flies! Holiday season is just around the corner, and some stores have already started holiday sales. CCALI is a non-profit organization that can use some help from our members.
“Champions for Charity” by Americana Manhasset Shopping Center and Wheatley Plaza stores will take place from Thursday 12/5 through Saturday 12/7 (see event flyer). Please note that the event only last 3 days this year! Shoppers will need to pre-register to receive the Champion number that the stores need to associate the purchases with the charity organization. Please visit championsforcharity.org to register today, select “CCALI” as your charity organization. While you enjoy the discounted shopping, you are helping CCALI at the same time! The proceeds benefited CCALI and its Chinese school in providing a great community for our members every year. Feel free to email us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that the nutrition seminar on 11/3/19 has been rescheduled to early December, we will update all with the date in the newsletter as time gets closer. CCALI invited Nutritionist Jay Hwang, who is the current Director of Food and Nutrition Services at NYC H+H/Elmhurst Hospital Center, to speak for us. In order for Mr. Hwang to deliver the right content within the limited time, he would like parents to share what you are interested in hearing about. We have created this survey for parents to fill out, don’t miss this great opportunity!