- 十月十三日，全校團體照日。全校每年都會幫每班照班級團體照，還有一張全校大合照，我們希望每位同學都能出席。照片將會出現在年刊，學校臉書頁，還有網頁。有填Photo Opt-out的學生將不會參與照相活動。
- 成人舞蹈班將於十月十三日開始上課，上課時間為文化課日的 3:00pm至 4:00pm。請報名的家長準時出席。因為這是新的成人課，所以學校特別開放第一週給家長試課旁聽，希望有興趣的家長多多利用，上課服裝著緊身褲和寬鬆上衣即可。其餘的成人課程，瑜伽上課時間為文化課日的 2:00pm至 3:00pm，成人中文課為文化課日的 4:00pm至5:00pm。文化課上課的日期，請參閱學校行事曆。
- 十月十三日下午1:50pm學校會在Harry Schure Hall的階梯教室開會討論新年晚會籌辦事宜。此會議開放給所有家長一同來參與討論！歡迎家長加入籌備小組的行列，我們很需要您！
Teacher Appreciation Day
Double Ninth (Chong Yang) Festival (Grandparents Day)
School prepared event for introducing to our students on the history of the Double Ninth Festival, which is also known as the Grandparents Day. Students were told on the history for how this festival came in place. The festival is celebrated on September 9th on Lunar calendar with chrysanthemums wine (we used tea to substitute) and Chong Yang cake, which were shown to the students. Students also learned how to properly serve tea to elderly using Chinese. This is also a day we celebrate longevity, because the number 9 has the same sound as long, therefore it is also a day for embracing the importance of respecting the elderly. This event was designed for 1st to 4th graders, we had great feedback and participation from the students.
- Photo Day on 10/13/19, Photo Day. Every year we will gather the entire school to take photos of every class, and a group photo for the entire school including staff, teachers, and students. Please fill out the photo opt-out form if you do not wish your child to appear in the photos.
- Adult Chinese Folk Dance Class will start on 10/13/19. Dance classes are in session during cultural class days from 3:00pm to 4:00pm. Since this is a new adult class, school opens it up to all interested parents to do a trial class during this first week, don’t miss this great opportunity!. The time for other adult classes are: Yoga from 2:00pm to 3:00pm, Chinese language from 4:00pm to 5:00pm, all on the days when cultural classes are in session. Please refer to school calendar for the days cultural classes are in session.
- The school will have a committee meeting on the annual Chinese New Year Fundraiser Dinner in Harry Schure Hall lecture hall at 1:50pm on 10/13. We welcome all parents to join the discussion. We are in need of parent volunteers to join this committee!
- On 10/27, the parent volunteers are preparing a Halloween activity for the whole school. School has many Chinese traditional clothing from different eras in history. The plan is to do an ancient costume fashion show and introduce the fashion and history of Chinese clothing. This will be both fun and educational event, which we are in need of many parent volunteers’ help! Please contact us if you are interested to join the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that the nutrition seminar on 11/3/19 has been rescheduled to early December, we will update all with the date in the newsletter as time gets closer. CCALI invited Nutritionist Jay Hwang, who is the current Director of Food and Nutrition Services at NYC H+H/Elmhurst Hospital Center, to speak for us. In order for Mr. Hwang to deliver the right content within the limited time, he would like parents to share what you are interested in hearing about. We have created this survey for parents to fill out, don’t miss this great opportunity!
A friendly reminder on the following:
- Remember not to park in the handicapped parking spaces without a permit to avoid getting ticketed by NYIT.
- Please do not leave students unattended in classrooms if they arrive before the class starts. Students may be brought to room 310 administrative desk if they need to be dropped off, and staff can take them to classes at 1:30pm.