- 2:30~2:45pm – 308教室
- 3:00~3:15pm – 308教室
- 十月十三日，全校團體照日。全校每年都會幫每班照班級團體照，還有一張全校大合照，我們希望每位同學都能出席。照片將會出現在年刊，學校臉書頁，還有網頁。有填Photo Opt-out的學生將不會參與照相活動。
Teacher Appreciation Day
Traditional Zhuyin 8th Grade class teacher, Ms. Shin-ian Yu, along with her students, took the lead and hosted the cultural activity to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Day (Confucius’ Birthday) which falls on 9/28 of every year. The main focus is to tell the life story of Confucius, who is the greatest teacher in Chinese history. This activity was targeted for students in 6th grade and above, the focus was much better with the targeted group, students were able to answer the questions related to the presentation.
Thanks to our parent volunteer Mr. Lu for taking beautiful photos at the event.
Parents Association Meeting
The Board thanks all the parents that attended the first Parents Association meeting, there were more than 20 parents who joined! The President, Birdy Chen, presented a series of Chinese cultural activities he proposed to host in school for the children, he hopes to supplement the language learning with some fun facts which enriches and broaden Chinese learning at CCALI. We really appreciate all the parents that volunteered to help coordinate and taking leads on these events, parents involvement is our biggest goal for this year. We welcome all parents continue to support the association by participating events, share your feedback and suggestions, at any time. We ask parents to review the list of events, and reach out to Birdy Chen if you have interest and are willing to spend a few hours to help out.
- Exciting news to our parents! Our Chinese Folk Dance cultural class teacher, Ms. Mary Xu, offered to open an adult dance class teaching authentic Chinese dance. The first series of class will be the famous Water Sleeves Dance. Classes will be held from 3:15pm to 4:00pm on days cultural classes are in session. Please contact administration in room 310 for more details. The first class will start no later than 10/13.
The next cultural activity will be observing the Double Ninth Day (Grandparents’ Day) on 10/6/19. The actual holiday falls on 10/7 this year, which is 9/9 on the lunar calendar. We will be sharing about the fun facts about this festivity, we welcome all grandparents to join us, we are hoping to teach our students on important Chinese traditions of “generations” and “respect to elderly”. We will have two sessions for participating classes.
- 2:30~2:45pm – Room 308
- 3:00~3:15pm – Room 308
- Photo Day on 10/13/19, Photo Day. Every year we will gather the entire school to take photos of every class, and a group photo for the entire school including staff, teachers, and students. Please fill out the photo opt-out form if you do not wish your child to appear in the photos.
- There will be a free nutritious information seminar on 11/3/19. CCALI invited Nutritionist Jay Hwang, who is the current Director of Food and Nutrition Services at NYC H+H/Elmhurst Hospital Center, to speak for us. In order for Mr. Hwang to deliver the right content within the limited time, he would like parents to share what you are interested in hearing about. We have created this survey for parents to fill out, don’t miss this great opportunity!
A friendly reminder on the following:
- Remember not to park in the handicapped parking spaces without a permit to avoid getting ticketed by NYIT.
- Please do not leave students unattended in classrooms if they arrive before the class starts. Students may be brought to room 310 administrative desk if they need to be dropped off, and staff can take them to classes at 1:30pm.