本週我們也舉辦了年終的家長大會，學校和協會提供了今年度的財務與營運報告，也非常開心地歡迎了五位新理事會成員！恭喜Jet Wang續任理事，還有Garda Lu, Mia Lin, Michael Kong, Richard Shen，四位家長的加入，協會與學校都非常榮幸與開心有新的聲音和力量，期待2019-20學年度新氣象！
This week CCCC and TOCFL exams took place in school. There were 29 students registered and participated. Just like what Sara mentioned in the exam Q&A session, this test is for children to understand their Chinese proficiency, setting goals for their learning; For the parents, it can be used to understand how well the children are learning Chinese and provide adjustment or assistance based on the test results. This is a great resource provided by Taiwan Education Division, we hope everyone can make good use of it!
Year-End All Parents Meeting
This week All Parents Meeting was held in lecture hall. The school and association presented the budget and operation summary for the parents attended for 2018-19 school year. The association was very excited to have 5 new Board members joined us: Jet Wang, who was re-elected for a 2nd term, Garda Lu, Mia Lin, Michael Kong, and Richard Shen were elected for their 1st term as Board of Directors. We are looking forward to a successful and brand new 2019-20 school year!
Great News! New Grading System and Interactive Pinyin System Extending to 9th Grade
In the past, we have followed the ranking system that’s used in Asian culture for our grading and awarding. This year, the school had decided to convert to the system that’s used in American education system of honoring achievements with placing students in High Honor Roll, Honor Roll, and Merit Roll based on their grades range. We are hoping this can minimize controversies around our mission. CCALI’s mission is not to have children compete among each other, but to encourage self-motivated learning behavior.
At the same time, we have extended our Interactive Pinyin Program up to 9th grade. This is in response to parents’ inquiries where they wish to continue children’s Chinese learning onto a higher level that can lead to practicality. The school is prepared with lesson plans with advanced materials including web applications which helps to make the program successful.
The school continues to strive for a better learning environment for our children in their Chinese immersion journey.
CCALI Open House Continues
The school has received great feedback from last week’s Open House. We continued to receive interest and inquiries about the school, and there are new parents and students come in this week as well to observe. The school will continue to host open tour to the school and have Q&A sessions for people who are interesting in learning Chinese. Please help us to spread the words!
- 5/12 （母親節）協會將再次舉辦下午茶餐點義賣，感謝很多家長願意提供時間準備義賣的點心和輕食，目前我們的菜單上有：蛋塔，布朗尼，巧克力餅乾，戚風蛋糕，茶葉蛋，美式沙其馬，各式杯子蛋糕，彩虹餅乾，水果沙拉，巧克力裹捲餅，三角飯糰，果凍，司康，甜甜圈，提拉米蘇！歡迎家長們下午兩點前來310教務處福利社認購，學生們也可以準備一點現金和Coupon來買喔！請有興趣捐贈點心輕食或者有時間幫忙販售的家長跟會長連絡：email@example.com. 此次義賣所得將全數捐出做為謝師宴的費用。
- 即日起開始開放下學年報名，如欲取得提早報名優惠，校內報名日期：5/12, 6/2，也可以在 6/9 畢業及頒獎典禮當日報名。如以通詢報名，郵戳必須在7/15以前才能取得優惠。請至310教務處洽詢。
- 5/19 為 NYIT畢業典禮，5/26適逢國殤節，學校會連續停課兩次。6/2為最後一次上課日。6/9為畢業及頒獎典禮。
- 6/2 謝邦芳副校長將會舉辦一場“注音轉換拼音”的講習會。歡迎有興趣的老師，家長，學生們來參加。詳細內容會在之後公告。
- The association is planning to host a Tea Party Fundraisers on Mother’s Day, 5/12. Thanks to all parents that offered their time to prepare goods for this event, we have the following items on the menu so far: Egg Tarts, Brownies, Chocolate chip cookies, ” Decorated Chiffon Cakes, Chiffon Slices, Tea Eggs, Rice Krispie Treats, Cupcakes, Rainbow Cookies, Fruit Salad, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Triangle Seaweed Rice Ball, Jellos, Scones, Donuts, Cookies, Cupcakes (Vanilla with strawberry filling and whipped cream cheese frosting)! We welcome all to come to room 310 and help with this fundraiser to succeed! Students can also bring some cash and coupons to make a purchase. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to help out!
- Early registration for 2019-20 school year has started. You may receive early registration discount during the remaining school days: 5/12, 6/2, and also on the graduation day 6/9. If you would like to mail in the registration, it needs to be postmarked by 7/15 to receive the early registration discount. Please come to room 310 for details.
- Since NYIT commencement will be held on 5/19, we are also observing Memorial Day on 5/26, school will be closed for two consecutive weekends. 6/2 will be the last day of school, 6/9 is our graduation and awards ceremony.
- Our assistant principal, Anne Hsieh, will be hosting a seminar focusing on “Conversion from Zhuyin to Pinyin” on 6/2. We welcome all parents, teachers, and students who are interested to join and provide feedback. Details will follow.
Due to a sudden change in NYIT commencement date and location, NYIT will not be available for our school on May 19, 2019. The school decided to move our last day of class to June 2, 2019 (which was set to be our snow day). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.